Recommended by ListMate HQ (registered Amazon affiliate)
When Speed Is Critical...
List management/processing of very large lists is a CPU-intensive job and it can tie up your computer for quite some time.
ListMate is programmed to use as much available computer resources as possible, so as to get the job done as fast as it
can. Therefore, many of my users get a separate, powerful computer dedicated solely to doing list processing work - and this
is a good idea. Now, nobody wants to spend a fortune for a separate machine, so we're here to give you some excellent
suggestions for dedicated list-processing computers. You want one with :
(1) Good amount of RAM (At least 8 gigs - the more, the better).
(2) A high CPU clock speed for faster processing. Quad-Core CPU is great, but will cost a little more.
(3) And of course, plenty of hard drive space. An SSD (Solid-State Drive) gives even more speed but is pricier. If you have an enormous amount of data that needs a huge HD and don't want to break the bank, you'll have to opt for the slower old-style mechanical hard drive. Cheaper but slower.
(4) If portability is not a requirement, you can get even MORE bang for your buck if you opt for a desktop computer instead of a laptop. And if you already have an old monitor kicking around, save even more!
(5) What you don't really need is fancy touchscreens, super-duper graphics capabilities, or huge monitors. This will be your 'workhorse' list processing computer - not a gaming computer, so no need for any of that.
Look to the right for some great cost-effective laptop and desktop recommendations:
HP 15-db0038ca, 15" display, 2.6 GHz, 8 gigs RAM, 1 TB HD.
Dell Inspiron 15 3000, 15.6" display, 3.9 GHz Quad-Core, 8 gigs RAM, 240GB SSD.
Acer Aspire 5, 15.6" display, 3.9 GHz Quad-Core, 8 gigs RAM, 256GB SSD.
Lenovo Ideapad 330S, 15.6" display, 3.9 GHz Quad-Core, 24GB RAM (8GB DDR4 + 16GB Intel Optane), 1 TB SSD !
Lenovo ThinkCentre M92p, 3.6 GHz Quad-Core, 8 Gigs RAM, 500 Gig HD
HP Elite, 19" LCD Monitor, 3.2 GHz, 8 gigs RAM, 500GB HD.
Dell Optiplex 9020, 3.6 GHz Quad-Core, 16 gigs RAM, 256GB SSD.
Dell Optiplex 9010, 3.2 GHz Quad-Core, 16 Gigs RAM, 1 Terabyte HD
HP Compaq Pro 6300, 3.6 GHz Quad-Core, 16 Gigs RAM, 3 Terabyte HD